Saturday, March 01, 2008
11:36 AM
Recently, I read an article that comment that women are now demanding a lot form their boyfriends. They expect their boyfriends to carry their bags, pay all the expenses when they are on dates, send them home after their dates etc. After reading all these, I simply sympathise all the guys who have such demanding girlfriends. Yes, I know I'm a woman and why am I saying such things? First, I must reiterate my stand- in this modern society where both genders having equal status is the norm, equal treatment in a relationship is definitely alright and acceptable. So why are we, as women, demanding so much from our boyfriends? Second, I'm a hundred percent woman and it's shown on my birth certificate and my identification card.
Many women feel that men should show their gentlemanly behaviour by making them do all these ridiculous things especially carrying their handbags. I mean a ladies' bag is called a ladies bag because it's designed for us to carry, so won't it look really weird on your boyfriend? I think it simply makes your guy looks silly. Then there's the paying problem. Many of my girlfriends I know feel that letting the guy to pay for your drinks, dinner and whatever cost that was incurred during the date is a form of social etiquette. Ya right, I personally feel that unless that boyfriend of yours is a super rich guy who have no other ways of wasting money, guys should not be make to pay during your dates! It's not easy to earn money. Especially if the guy is not financially independent, he should be made to pay using his parents' hard earned money. I feel that money coming from your parents are for their own children not their children's other halves and money earned by ourselves is for our usage, for parents and for our future. You can say that I'm a stingy woman who have never been in a relationship. But let me tell you one thing- being in a relationship does not entitle you the freedom to use up your boyfriends' wealth! Afterall, money is hard to earn now.
Next, there's a big commotion over the Edison Chen's sex photos scandal. It's been ongoing for about a month already and it hasn't show any signs that the news is going to stop any time soon. Although Chen has already made a public apology and that he will quit HK show biz, people are still blaming him for all the scandals and making the actresses involved seem like the biggest victims in this scandal. Not that I'm siding Chen, but it takes two hands to clap! Why should Chen be made to shoulder all the blame when those actresses involved have themselves to blame when these things had happen? And what about the main culprit who spread the photos from Chen's laptop? Isn't he to be blame for not abidding to his professional ethics? And what about the other people who spread those pictures on the Internet? Are they not at fault too? Welcome to the game of blame. Of course, in the midst of playing the blame game, the media must not forget the more recent and upsetting news- the loss of Lydia Sum in the HK's show biz.
lItTlE sWaLlOw FlIeS oFf...