Sunday, March 02, 2008
1:37 PM
"Hello dear, I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be there asap!"
"I'll be there for you. Miss you!"
"I **** you. What about you?"
Lies, flatter and promises. These will definitely make all girls in the world feel as though they are at the top of the world. In face of love, any ridiculous words will sound sweet and nice. But can't we be more rational in a relationship? Obviously those words are only packs of lies, but why are we taking them in word for word? This is because we have been blinded by what we believe that exist- true love.
I don't believe that "that thing" exist. Not now, not in the future. Friends that are in a relationship tell me not to be too pessimistic about it as I have not found it. Found it or not, I'm not going to fall into the trap that I've seen others fallen into. Before couples get together, they started out as friends. Only when they are "hit" by the cupid's arrow, the glands in the person's body are stimulated to secrete those hormones that produce a funny feeling and a swoony kind of reaction in us. That kind of feelings and reactions are only exprienced by and seen in people who are in a relationship. However this secretion of hormones will eventually ease, causing humans to lose that kind of feeling. That's when humans realised that they did not like the opposite gender that much after all, so break up is the best solution as this is the only way to keep that friend by your side.
Some people may beg to differ- what about couples that have been together for a long time? What about married couples? Haven't they been together long enough to show that "that thing" exist? I don't deny that the bond between them are non-existent, but I do have a possible hypothesis for that occurence. Couples do come together when they think they found "that thing". However, when that feeling dies away, it's the responsiblilty that kicks in. Thereby, it's the responsiblility that binds a couple together, not "that thing".
Perhaps I'm too negative about "that thing", but if any one is to really want to convince me that "that thing" exist, I'll only reply that person- ya right, they do exist, only in story books. Face it, snap out of it. There's no such thing call true love in this world- that's the inconvenient truth.
lItTlE sWaLlOw FlIeS oFf...